Special education is a rewarding career for individuals who wish to make a difference in children's lives through compassionate service. The M.A. in Special Education at Bethel will prepare you to:
- Effectively teach students in the areas of academic, behavioral, and emotional needs
- Collaborate with parents and colleagues
- Ethically carry out legal requirements of special education
- Successfully become an effective teacher/servant leader
Our program is designed for those with a current Minnesota teaching license or background in a related field. Whether you teach in public, private, or charter schools, a Special Education degree or license can offer you further career opportunities in education.
Through the program, you can become a:
- Special education teacher specializing in Emotional/Behavior Disorders
- Special education teacher specializing in Specific Learning Disabilities
- Special education teacher specializing in both of the above areas
This info is designed to help you think about and explore possible career paths. It does not guarantee that these careers will be available once you earn this degree.