For 24 years, Bethel University has been licensing educators in special education. Throughout its history, the program has remained a strong, reliable educational option for graduate students seeking an initial license in Minnesota, or for students seeking an add-on license.
The M.A. in Special Education will build your knowledge base and refine your skills to assess and educate students with mild to moderate disabilities in the areas of LD, EBD, OHD, DCD, and ASD.
We offer a variety of degree and license options depending on your area of interest and your desired level of licensure:
- Academic Behavioral Strategist (ABS) (mild-moderate disabilities in the areas of ASD, EBD, OHD, and DCD)
- Emotional/Behavioral Disorders (EBD)*
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
As part of a Christian learning community, our professors prepare educational leaders who want to make a difference in the lives of their students.
Ideal students include those who:
- Have the desire to invest in personal learning and professional renewal
- Are knowledgeable and competent in their subject matter
- Understand how students learn and develop
- Facilitate learning through effective teaching
- Build collaborative relationships with students, staff, parents, and community members of different backgrounds
- Whose Christian worldview provides a strong moral framework characterized by integrity and compassion
The Minnesota Board of Teaching approves all education programs at Bethel—and we’re a member of the Teacher Education Accreditation Council.
*Pending state approval