Take some time to exhaust your private scholarship possibilities. Who knows? Maybe your church or community organizations have funds available for students. Every little bit helps!
Here are a few resources we’ve complied to get you started.
Scholarships for Physician Assistant Students
- AAPA Veterans Caucus
Scholarships intended for veterans or active members of the Guard or Reserves of the Uniform Services. Some scholarships also available to sons, daughters or spouses of a past or present veteran.
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
AAPA financial aid resources page with several listings for scholarship and loan forgiveness opportunities.
- Association of Family Practice Physician Assistants
AFPPA Student Scholarship. PA students with a special interest in primary care medicine. Must be a member of AFPPA. $1000-$1500. Deadline: September 1.
- Indian Health Service Scholarships for Native Americans
HIS Scholarship. American Indians and Alaska Natives who commit to a service obligation. Deadline: late March.
- Association of Physician Assistants in Oncology
APAO Scholarship. PA students interested in a career in the field of hematology/oncology. Must be AAPA member. $2000-$2500. Deadline: April 27.
- Association of Prevention Teaching & Research
Paul Ambrose Scholars Program. Scholarships are awarded to students to attend a leadership symposium in Washington, DC and conduct a community-based health education project at their institution.
- MN Academy of Physician Assistants
MAPA First year PA student scholarship. Must be a MAPA member in the first year of a PA Program. Up to $4500. Deadline: early March.
- Physician Assistants for Latino Health
PALH Scholarship. PA students with leadership in the Latino community or interest in Latino health issues. Must be a member of PALH and AAPA. $500.
- Physician Assistants for Orthopaedic Surgery
Susan Lindahl Memorial Scholarship. PA students with interest in pursuing career in orthopedics. $500-$1000. Deadline: August 15.
- The Society of Physician Assistants in Otorhinolaryngology/Head & Neck Surgery
SPAO-HNS Scholarship. PA students with sincere interest in career in ENT. Deadline: May 1.
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services National Health Service Corps
NHSC Scholarship Program. Awards scholarships to students pursuing careers in primary care. Students must commit to serving for 2-4 years upon completion of training. The NHSC also offers a Loan Repayment Program that provides medical providers the opportunity to have their student loans repaid while serving in communities with limited access to care.
Organizations and Foundations that Offer Scholarships for Graduate Students
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Graduate Scholarship Program
- Twin Cities Adult Education Alliance
- The SallieMae Fund
Scholarships for Students of Color
Scholarship Search Engines
- U.S. News Scholarship Search
- Other Scholarship Databases
Here are a few resources to help you avoid scholarship scams: