Why Special Education at Bethel?
The Special Education program is specifically designed for the working professional. Grades are based primarily on written assignments, projects, presentations, class discussions, and small group participation.
At the Graduate School, we strive for best practices in adult learning theory. We understand that your experiences, background, and maturity allow you to learn independently, to apply your learning, and to make connections between your world and what you learn. As an adult, you will learn quickly and efficiently, reducing your in-class time.
In the Special Education program, you will experience:
- Individual attention from professors and program director
- Cohort model (consistent group of students)
- Faith integration throughout entire program
- Experienced faculty who maintain regular contact with some of the best classroom teachers in the area
- Targeted help whenever necessary from academic advisors and writing consultants
- Option to pursue license only