The Master of Arts in Literacy Education at Bethel is designed for passionate educators who want to improve their teaching methods, explore advanced study in reading, and pursue leadership positions in literacy education.
The program, supported by cutting edge research, covers:
- Best practices in K-12 reading instruction
- Foundational knowledge of reading
- Cognitive processes related to reading
- Effective assessment methods
- Sustained professional development
At Bethel, we use a cohort-based program design in which students progress through courses with the same group of peers, building a supportive learning environment. Our students are taught and mentored by expert faculty and complete the program equipped with the skills and knowledge they need to become leaders in the field.
Learn more about why students choose our program.