The educational environment is rapidly changing. You’re finding that subject matter, student needs, and educational models are becoming more complex—creating opportunities for you to build new skills.
The M.A. in Education K–12 program is designed for teachers already working in K–12 classrooms who want to improve their teaching skills and expand their leadership opportunities. Students can choose from 8 concentrations, allowing them to specialize in their area of interest.
All core courses (23 credits) are offered online. Core course work includes:
- Teacher as Leader
- Educational Research
- Improving Instruction
- Introduction to Differentiation and Responsive Teaching
- Responsive Pedagogy for English Language Learners
- Culturally Responsive Instruction
- Measurement and Assessment in Education
- Preparing the Thesis/Action Research Project
- Writing the Thesis./Action Research Project
Approached from a Christian worldview, our courses develop teachers who are knowledgeable, collaborative, and caring—reflecting a strong moral framework of integrity and compassion. You’ll also be engaged in a close-knit online community where your cohort members—colleagues who begin and end core courses with you—enrich and support your education.