The M.A. in Communication program is one of the foundational programs at Bethel’s Graduate School. From our humble beginning of 6 students in the first cohort, we’ve sent out over 200 communication professionals for effective service in the world.
Our professors believe there is a difference between a good conversationalist and a good communicator. They focus on developing the skills of good communicators such as moving beyond the self and practicing active listening. Graduates leave prepared to extend their experience to any communication context whether that’s through small groups, family conversations, church meetings, or daily tasks at work.
Here are a few highlights of the program:
- Our degree is focused. Curriculum concentrates on the process by which people understand and share meaning in various relationships.
- Our degree is transferable. Students can immediately apply the course work in their personal and professional lives.
- Our degree is transformational. Students are challenged to examine the discipline in light of the Christian worldview and incorporate faith into their diverse and gendered worlds.
- Our degree is adaptable. Graduates use the degree in multiple professions and callings.
- Our degree is challenging. Students are challenged to research, analyze, and stretch beyond everyday experiences and to become life-long learners.