Technology for Educators
Technology is shaping the way students learn—and teachers are feeling the call to respond.
At Bethel, we understand that today’s teachers want to build skills to help them integrate technology into their classroom in useful and innovative ways. The license in Teachers of Computer, Keyboarding, and Related Technology Applications is designed to do just that—prepare educators for improving the way technology is taught and used in their schools.
Who is the teachers of computer license for?
This license is for educators who already have a valid K-12 teaching license. The program is designed for teachers who want to expand their options by becoming licensed to teach computer and keyboarding classes.
The licensure helps educators build skills in:
- Commonly used software
- New and emerging software and Internet tools
- Methods of keyboarding
- Integration of technology into content areas such as math, language arts, and science
The Teachers of Computer, Keyboarding, and Related Technology Applications license program complies with the Minnesota Administrative Rules for the Teachers of Computer, Keyboarding, and Related Technology Applications.
How is the program structured?
Students complete all course work online with a practicum experience at a school in their local area. Courses will be offered summer, spring, and fall. They can be completed in less than a year.
Program options for students:
- Master’s track: Earn your teachers of computers license as part of the M.A. in Education K-12 program. Up to 9 credits of the license can be transferred directly into the 32-credit M.A. in K-12 Education program.
- License-only track: Earn only the teachers of computers license.
- Technology Applications for K-12 Schools (EDUC711)
- Technology Integration for K-12 Schools (EDUC712)
- Providing Leadership in Educational Technology for K-12 Schools (EDUC713)
- Practicum: Hands-on experience with learning technologies at your school (EDUC715)
How is the license awarded?
After the course work, practicum, and required MTLE exams are completed, Bethel will help you apply for your license, which is awarded by the Minnesota Board of Teaching.