Bethel’s Certificate in Postsecondary Teaching was designed with your busy schedule in mind. No matter what master’s program you come from, you can obtain your certificate in just 9 months and be ready to enter the classroom or administration office.
- Classes begin each fall and spring.
- Students meet on Saturdays on Bethel’s main campus.
- The majority of classes are face-to-face in a traditional classroom setting.
- The program is completed in 9 months.
Students take 5 required classes totaling 18 credits:
- The Teaching Craft (COMM 721)
- Advanced Interpersonal Communication (COMM605)
- Online Teaching (COMM722)
- Individual Internship/Master Teacher as Mentor (COMM723)
- Seminar/Portfolio Completion (COMM724)
Internships are offered in day or evening classes with a mentor who has at least 10 years teaching experience.